According to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan foreign citizens and stateless persons can enter Uzbekistan or travel through its territory for transit on the basis of entrance visas only.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get visas at the diplomatic representations and consular missions of the Republic of Uzbekistan abroad on the basis of the visa support (confirmation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan).
Visa support shall be issued on the basis of application of the inviting physical or juridical persons permanently or temporarily residing in Uzbekistan submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Processing of visa application is up to 10 working days if documents have been submitted due to the established order.
In order to apply for the visa, foreign citizens and stateless persons are to submit the following documents to the diplomatic representation or consular mission of Uzbekistan abroad:
- passport or document of stateless person, expiry date of which must exceed the visa’s period of validity not less than 3 months;
- 2 copies of duly completed visa application form;
- 2 passport-size colored photos.
For a transit visa foreign citizens and stateless persons in addition to the above mentioned documents must have a visa of the country of final destination and travel documents with confirmed date of departure from Uzbekistan. In this case processing of visa application is 3 working days.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons arriving from the countries where there is no diplomatic representation or consular mission of the Republic of Uzbekistan can get visas upon arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport. In this case the inviting physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan must apply in advance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the
Republic of Uzbekistan in due order, get visa confirmation (stamp) of the Visa Division of the Consular Department and forward it to the invited person. This confirmation should be shown by invited person while buying an air-ticket and passing through passport control and the visa shall be issued on its basis on arrival at the Visa Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan at the Tashkent International Airport.
Visa regulations with some countries
1. Bilateral non-visa regime is established for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan (up to 60 days), Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine.
2. Simplified visa procedure is established for the citizens of Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Malaysia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom. Tourists of these countries can get multiple entry visas up to 1 month and businessmen - up to 1 year (Malaysia - up to 6 months). Moreover, tourist voucher or invitation of physical or juridical person in Uzbekistan is not required to submit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Visas shall be issued within 2 working days, excluding the day of document’s acceptance.
3. Bilateral non-visa regime up to 90 days is established for the holders diplomatic passport of the Republic of Korea (up to days 60 days), Brazil, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey. Citizens of these countries possessing the diplomatic passport and accredited as staff-members of the diplomatic representations and consular missions located on the territory of Parties as well as members of theirs families can enter and stay without visa for the whole period of their professional activity. Bilateral non-visa regime up to 90 days is also established for the citizens of Romania and Slovakia holding service passports.
4. Uzbekistan and Japan issue visas without consular fees on the mutual basis.
Rules and conditions
Based on the information you send us we will prepare the visa support application and submit it to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tashkent. Ministry reviews the application for approximately 7-10 days, reserving the right to deny any application for visa support without providing explanations. Approved visa support is telexed directly to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the country, where you intend to obtain your visa. Upon the approval of the visa support we will send you by fax or e-mail the reference number of the document. After submitting complete application form with the reference number of the visa support to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Uzbekistan you will be able to obtain your visa to Uzbekistan.
According to the legislation of Uzbekistan the Uzbek travel companies have the right to offer the visa support (the invitation to Uzbekistan) not earlier than one month before the arrival.
PS: visa support for those clients who are not staying during whole trip in one of our hotels or not confirming the stay in other hotels as well as not purchasing the tour packages but only the visa, according to new legislation of government, couldn’t be issued.
Additional consular fees are paid at the Embassy or Consulate of Uzbekistan at obtaining of visa, which may range from $ 40 up-to $150 this amount may vary depending on nationality and change without prior notification.
The legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan has set the following consular fees for the visa issuance:
a) For single entry visas:
- up to 7 days - $40;
- up to 15 days - $50;
- up to 30 days - $60;
- up to 3 months - $80;
- up to 6 months - $120;
- up to 1 year - $160.
Note: For each additional entry the fee shall be increased by $10.
b) For multiple entry visas:
- up to 6 months - $150;
- up to 1 year - $250.
c) For transit visas:
- up to 24 hours - $20;
- up to 48 hours - $25;
- up to 72 hours - $30;
- double entry transit visa - $40.
d) For group visas (groups must consist of more than 10 persons excluding children under 16 years old):
- up to 15 days - $15 per person;
- up to 30 days - $25 per person.
Except these fees the fees for reimbursement of actual expenses related to the visa issuance (administrative fees) will be also paid. The rates of these fees depend on the place of visa issuance (irrespective of applicant’s citizenship).
Note: Different procedure for issuance of entry visas may be applied to the citizens of those countries that have appropriate bilateral agreements with Uzbekistan.
If you agree with our conditions please fill out Uzbekistan Visa Support form: Request Form
1) Name Surname (Initials):
3) Date of Birth:
4) The Birthplace:
5) The Gender:
6) A Passport Copy (Scanned or Sent By Fax):
7) Passport Number:
8) Place of work (The Company Name):
10) Confirmation letter from place of work (Scanned or Sent By Fax):
11) The Place of obtaining visa (City and Country):
12) The Period of Stay in Uzbekistan: From – To
13) The Hotel Accommodation Period:
14) Quantity of Entrances: One / Two, Three
15) Whence You Have Learned About Us?